Headquartered in Herzliya’s High Tech Business area, Claridge Israel is an investment firm focused on growth investments in innovative companies with a technological advantage
- The firm was initiated through a partnership between Claridge Inc., the Stephen Bronfman Family Office, and Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, one of Canada’s largest institutional investors.
- In Q4 2020, Claridge Israel also welcomed Sweet Park Capital, the Family Office of the Bensadoun Family (founders and owners of global retailer Aldo), as an investor in the partnership
We share an investment philosophy that aligns our interests with those of our partners and together we further expand the potential of our portfolio companies
- We are patient, long-term investors with relationships around the world.
- We offer the necessary infrastructure and capital to support promising, revenue generating companies with growth potential.
- As experienced investors, we have expertise in identifying transformational opportunities and adding value to portfolio companies.
The Bronfman family has been an active private equity investor in Israel for over five decades
- Claridge has invested more than $800M in Israel over the last twenty years and is committed to supporting Israel’s fast-growing, talent rich economy.
- This partnership lays a foundation for a new generation of Bronfman family investing in Israel. Claridge, now representing the interests of the Stephen Bronfman Family, manages investment interests in the food, technology, energy, entertainment, and real estate industries, among others.
- With a history of actively investing and substantial philanthropic initiatives, the Bronfmans have maintained a strong connection with Israel for several decades. Through its well-established foundation and network in Israel, Claridge, together with its partner CDPQ, is pursuing new business opportunities in the region to continue building on past experience and success.
Partnership with a leading institutional investor
- CDPQ is a long-term institutional investor that manages funds primarily for public and parapublic pension and insurance plans. As at December 31, 2022, it held $402 billion in net assets. As one of Canada’s leading institutional fund managers, CDPQ invests globally in major financial markets, private equity, infrastructure and real estate.
Additional, reputable Family Office joined partnership in 2020
- Sweet Park Capital (“SPC”) is the investment arm of the Bensadoun Family Office. Located in Montreal, Canada. Aldo Bensadoun, the founder of The ALDO Group, is the Chairman of SPC and remains active in SPC’s activities. The ALDO Group grew from humble beginnings in 1972 to become a global business with over 3,000 points of sale in over 100 countries. The Bensadoun Family Office was founded in 1995 and has been investing across various asset classes including public markets, private equity and real estate.